Thank you for visiting our Investment page! (Fancy word for “Rates”…)
A quick note to think about when you are considering RATES!!!
QUALITY – Not all DJ’s are made equal. The garden variety push play, “I love music” DJ (500-1200$) bring with them virtually NO MC skill or experience. What you DON’T want: someone who does not dress or act professionally, uses poor equipment (How good the DJ/MC is becomes irrelevant when the speakers are garbage and guests can’t hear or understand them), have no experience speaking on a microphone in front of 100-300 people they don’t know, does not prepare properly and ends up “winging” their announcements, and will be snobby about the playlist or rude to your guests. These folks are out there… Everywhere.
PRICING – You’ll find in your searching that most DJ/MC providers will not publish their rates… Why? The “bait and switch” FORCES the client to reach out to obtain pricing information. It also allows providers to raise or lower their pricing dependent upon what they find out about your affluence, budget, expensive/inexpensive venue, time of season, whether their calendar is full or not, etc… Read this article about publishing pricing… This is why we are UP FRONT about our pricing.
EXPERIENCE/CLIENT SATISFACTION – To date (Spring 2015) Seattle Wedding DJ has been hired to DJ/MC at over 250 weddings in the past 5 years… AND NOT ONE review online has been less than perfect! We take pride in that and work extremely hard to preserve it.
All of this is to show where Seattle Wedding DJ differentiates itself… Professionalism, honesty, experience and fun. We have a perfect rating, amazing reviews and only happy clients!! Every event is different, with it’s own needs and logistics. A customized quote specific to YOUR event’s needs will be generated from the following services…
- Platinum Record ($2,400): This package includes UNLIMITED HOURS of our award winning DJ services, sound equipment, mics, dance lighting effects, customized playlists AND customized M.C. services to run the flow, music and events of your ceremony AND reception from start to finish! Many of our competitors have “a la carte” pricing for mics, lights, ceremony, etc… you get EVERYTHING we have for one fee! Simple…
- Uplighting ($799): up to 18 LED uplights for use during the entire event.
- Additional Sound Systems ($400/ea.): Many ceremonies, cocktail hours and receptions are held in distinctly different locations (like at a church down the road, etc.). This includes: two speakers, a mixer board, whatever music you choose for the processional, bride walk and recessional AND 2 microphones for the officiant and presenters.
- PhotoBooth!: Please visit our website, Seattle Photo Booth for details and pricing…
Seattle Wedding DJ is pleased to offer 3 new discounts to any new prospective client… Unfortunately, these are not combinable… sorry!
- Monday through Thursday discount – Take 10% off of all services if your event is on Monday through Thursday.
- Military Discount – Take 15% off of all services for active military service members.
- Dual Discount – book us for BOTH DJ/MC service AS WELL AS Photo Booth and we will take 10% off the entire invoice.
-Some fine print-
Booking: To consider your date booked in our calendar we ask that you pay 40% of your invoice concurrent with signing the Master Client Agreement. (Remainder will be due the Monday prior to the event) ALL services are customizable! We work to generate a good quote that all parties agree to ahead of time. No surprises, no upselling…
Holidays: We ask a 20% rate increase for events on July 4, October 31, December 24 & 25, December 31 & January 1.
Travel: We will travel to destination weddings! All of these scenarios have slightly different logistics, but typically we ask for travel expenses (gas, flight, etc.) and that you book us a room which we will then credit half back to you off of your balance. ***Chelan wedding example – $100 for gas and $200 for a two night room fee (of which you receive $100 back as a credit on your invoice balance)… We never attempt to PROFIT from travel fees!!
All prices Include: Set-up time, Tear-down time, 2 hours ROUND TRIP of travel time, CUSTOMIZED PLAYLISTS, and an in-person planning meeting with one of our DJ’s. Hours above are for MUSIC/MC time! Setup, tear down or travel time are not considered to be part of the time you are booking with us.